RD350LC 4L0 - 1981

Skunkyd
This post is 3550 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help needed please,

I've recently purchased an RD350 (as above), on a recent ride out the oil late flashed and then stayed on solid obviously telling me I needed to top up the oil tank.

I stopped for a cuppa, leaving the bike on the sidestand, when returning to the bike still leaving it on the sidestand the engine would not fire up when kicked (oil light was on), however, when I then uprighted the bike and put the sidestand up (oil light went out) the bike then kicked immediately.

Although I cannot find a sidestand switch as you'd have on a modern bike, if the oil light is on when the engine is switched off does this actually prevent you from starting the bike?

I was thinking the uprighting of the bike permitted enough movement of the oil to extinguish the light permitting me to start it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm sure someone on here will have an answer for you but really all this info should be in the owners/workshop manual, if you don't have one then I suggest you search the net till you find one cos it will answer most of this type of question. :jossun:

$_35.JPG

Many thanks Airhead, I was just about to drop the oil to see if I could simulate the same, I'll check lose connections next just in case the movement from the lean to vertical was sufficient to shift something.

My Lc wouldn't start on the sidestand, my TDR is reluctant to as well.

Yammy twins are a bit fussy when cold and when the bike is on the stand the fuel in the floats is messed up because of the angles. With no vac to draw the tap open and feed more she wont start.

Easy fix, start it properly. Starting them on the stand means your already falling over if it goes wrong and its too late to stop.

Don't ask how I know :hah::icon_redface: