Dt 175 Rev Problem

nemesis
This post is 3554 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys. Im from south africa. Hopefully someone can help me. I have a yamaha dt 175 2003. I bought the bike 3weeks ago and drove about 200km with no problem. While i was riding the bike just had a sudden loss of power. Went home and took het motor appart. Ordered a new piston kit. Installed the new piston kit and the bike still have no power. Doesnt rev more than 5000rpm. Went and do cranc seals also and new read valves. Problem stays the same. Took the bike to yamaha and they tested all the coils and cdi, new sparkplug, and also the carb. Checked all the fuses and also all the cables if they werent shorting out but all is good. Still doesnt want to rev up and has no power. Does anybody have anything to help me with. I would apreciate it very much. Thanx

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok" when you took motor apart, what was wrong with it,,,was it seizure. why the new piston,,,did you bore it ? is there any noise from motor,, and the carb , whats been done ,,,?

nip up to new members and and say hello " :yeah:

The piston had a knoking noise like all the dts have and i wanted to redo the motor while i were at it. Yes it was bored to the piston size and i borrowed a carb from my friend and the bike does the same. The piston is a aftermarket 1mil oversize. The hight of the piston from the gudgen pin are both the same and the intake wholes also. Itx exactly like the old 1.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online