XT 125R fork rebuild

lys3rg0
This post is 3559 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just picked up a 2006 XT 125R and the fork seals need changing.

anyone has an idea how i can tune the damping? I have done this on mountainbike forks many times but its my first time opening up a moto fork.

the compression seems ok but my main complaint is that the rebound seems way underdamped (or perhaps there's no rebound circuit at all in these cheap little buggers?), on high speed impacts it seems to rebound a bit too fast and id like to slow it down (heavier oil? revalving?)

also there's a metal clack as the fork goes back to full length after bigger bumps, is this normal or did someone lose some kind of topout bumper from there?

thanks a lot for any suggestions you may have and merry christmas

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there" :welcome: you"ve answered the question, thicker oil .or revalve, that"l slow the damping, it may be topping out due to the lack of oil,

If your doing serious off roading,,hows about swaping the forks for a YZ- IT front setup, few measurements required,,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online