Project Clocker

Noise
This post is 3459 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well the wife is at work till late tonight and i was sat on the sofa attempting to find something of interest on the tv and as like normal i failed.

So it was off to the man cave to find things to do and i spotted the old sprocket from the XJ and a spare bit of metal.

Surely i could make them into something?

Then i spotted the crappy clock i bought from Wilkinsonsfor £2 and then the idea happened.

DSC_0962_zpsmylhixgt.jpg

Now thats better suited to the man cave

• Like 4

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There was a similar photo I saw floating around on Facebook where they shortened a length of chain and had a front sprocket hanging around it underneath.

Looks cool though, proper 'bloke' decoration, who needs scented candles and scatter cushions!

• Like 2

O right that sounds cool. I love bloke shed art and like you say it beats pictures of pugs and other tat thats around peoples houses.

I was trying to use the front sprocket as the hands but the motor housing couldn't take the weight.

Next thing to do is figure out what i can turn the old barrels and con rods into? Tried a table to hold 4 pint glasses but it failed :(

I have a couple of pistons and con rods that have been sitting in my garage for a few years, I have been meaning to polish them up and turn them into man art of some sort but I'm buggered if I can come up with a good idea.

• Like 1

I just cant figure out a good way to fix the con rods to the barrels to make it into a table, as one is ally and the other is steel cant really weld them together.

if not might try and turn the barrels into a berrometer of some sort or 4 mini clocks with different countries time zones then flog it on ebay

• 3 weeks later...

Since I should be getting my own new Man Cave this year all I can say is " You have given me an idea ! I really should be able to do some Art with the bits of motorcycle,Musso & associated car parts. Hmmmmmm."

• Like 1

Ive been looking for an old V8 block to make a coffee table but sadly the wife has said no to me 1) having the funds and 2) for having a V8 coffee table in the house :(

Think i should make her a turbo hairdrier to make her feel loved :eusa_think:

Make her a V8 hairdrier !!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online