proposed changes to CBT

drewpy
This post is 3430 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Here's a link to the full proposals, which is far more encompassing than just the CBT.

It's about getting more people to take up motorcycling, due to the growing evidence it makes for safer drivers and roads.

It also includes:

• training rather than tests for progressing licence categories
  • making it more beneficial to get an A1 licence
  • incentives for using a motorbike to get to work
  • 'enhanced' CBTs for renewing bikers [so they gain further training, rather than just repeating what they should know]
  • more incentives to do advanced training [iAM, BikeSafe, etc]
  • Allow for official training on your own new bike, after you have your licence.

It's quite an interesting read, at 115+ pages, written by people who obviously care about biking rather than those who pushed through the 3rd directive.

• Like 1

Now all we want is for car drivers to have to do the same thing and some of us might live till the end of next year !! :shrug:

• Like 2

Now all we want is for car drivers to have to do the same thing and some of us might live till the end of next year !! :shrug:

I couldn't agree more slice, I've been riding and driving for over 40 years and all but one of the "o fuck that was close moments" has been caused by cage drivers.

Unfortunately,there's still the problem of the asshole drivers already on the road.

In the past 24 hours, I've seen about 4 drivers deliberately jump red lights, when the other directions' traffic has started to move.

If a biker had been at the front, they'd potentially have been killed.

One of them wasn't even the first time where the driver overtook me, stopped at the line, because they didn't want to wait. And almost clipping me as they come back into lane.

The sad thing is, over the course of time I've seen them do this shit, there's no consistency in the type of vehicle used - small cars, big cars, white vans [they're always white...], and "Look, I have a small penis!" cars, or of the type of driver - the drivers have been men [ranging from 17 to 'not a OAP'] or 17 to mid 20s women [rarely older].

car drivers def need to do this.

A biker was killed on the M60 yesterday even with the flow at 50 mph due to SMART motorway works.

I think he unluckily got caught up in a pile up of cars who obviously weren't leaving enough room/won't let anyone in/out of "their" lane.

Yikes, looks like he was someone some of friends knew too :/

He's been named by police, as a 27 year old from Leigh

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/motorcyclist-killed-m60-scott-hope-8327498

aye no good at all, sticking with Summer/dry riding days

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online