AG100 Australia How to remove clutch

newairly
This post is 3473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a AG100 farm bike. The clutch will not disengage. For a while it tended to stick engaged but would disengage after a few tries. Now nothing works. I have tried adjusting it.

What is involved in removing the clutch to check out what has happened? I have not been able to find repair information for this bike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can I suggest that you drop into the new members wecome area and introduce yourself before asking for help. There are plenty of people on here that help out when asked but we do like to get to know a little bit about you first.

Side cover off ,and separate the plates, clean rust off steel plates, renew oil,,,,any DT is similar , go to u-tube , and see .clutch videos..

Meatloaf, sorry I did not understand the ettiquitte.

After watching various utube videos I went ahead with more confidence. I have never seen the inside of a bike clutch before.

I followed some advice I read somewhere and laid the bike on its side to avood draining the oil Then after a bit of a struggle I got out the screws holding the side cover. They are Phillips head screws, not bolt heads. The oil had all drained into the gearbox region which was very convenient! When I pulled out the clutch pack the problem was, as suggested by blackhat250, spots of rust on the steel disks which I rubbed off with 180 grade paper. The fibre disks were fairly worn but I left them since the bike does little work. There are rubber ring spacers between the steel disks. I have not seen them mentioned before. They appear to separate the disks when the clutch is disengaged. After putting it back together all worked correctly.

Thanks for the replies.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online