Xj600 flooding

Homebrew
This post is 3553 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just picked up 1990 xj600 cleaned carbs and fuel tank out but have noticed now it is flooding the engine i.e hydraulic lock when you turn it over when it is left to stand for a couple of days. Nothing comes out of the carb overflow it all just goes into the engine I've got new float valves on the way does any one know the float heights and has anybody else had this issue cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just a thought , :eusa_eh: if there no fuel coming out the overflow pipes, have you connected the fuel delivery pipe to the overflow,

this would flood straight thru , easy done , as inlet spigot and overflow look similar, or fuel pipe to the vacume spigot, and on prime,

will also do this,

Did you jam the starter with lock-,,,hope the rods aint bent, :rolleyes: ,, take out plugs and ventilate

Yeah, mine was a pain in the arse to start if you left it more than a week, used to hook it up to the car battery to give it a bit of a boost and that'd get it going.

Trick I found was full choke, don't touch the throttle at all and let it pick up on its own.

If it is genuinely hydrolocked Id check your carb slides, diaphragms and petcock

one hit wonder boys, that's why we have a new members intro section, sorts the wheat from the chaff

Not a one hit wonder drewpy just busy! Besides some people like to cut to the chase. Like I will when I post the solution to this problem once I've fixed it.

good to hear mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

Found the problem:) the o rings on a couple of float valve seats were past their best and fuel was bypassing the float valve and a strange design where the carb bowl meets the carb body with a great big hole and plug setup was letting fuel go straight into the engine.New float valves and seats and a bit of gasket goo and problem solved

Found the problem:) the o rings on a couple of float valve seats were past their best and fuel was bypassing the float valve and a strange design where the carb bowl meets the carb body with a great big hole and plug setup was letting fuel go straight into the engine.New float valves and seats and a bit of gasket goo and problem solved

:thumb: good to hear its sorted

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online