Remove XVS125 passenger seat

Dom1878
This post is 3408 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon all

Novice query.......I Need to temporarily remove the rear seat from the Dragstar.

Is there a bolt underneath, or is it connected to the bolt and bracket behind the reflector below the seat?

Cheers

Dom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

IIRC, a bolt comes up from under the mudguard and the capped nut is the bit you see directly behind the pillion pad.

Get a socket in beneath and undo the nut on top. Lift the back of the pad and pull rearwards.

Assemble in reverse order.

You putting saddlebags on?

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:1234]

Thanks. Yeah got them on now.

The previous guy had replace it with a non standard nut and bolt and now there's nothing to get hold of underneath. Took some swearing and mole grips but got them on now.

All done in the dark with a mobile phone for light on a side street parking space. Ohhhhhhh to have a garage!

Just ask your Mum Girlfriend Wife if you can "just put the bike in the kitchen for a few minutes" so you can have some light to work on the bike, I bet you have a garage early in the new year, or are living on your own in a tent possibly :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Just ask your Mum Girlfriend Wife if you can "just put the bike in the kitchen for a few minutes" so you can have some light to work on the bike, I bet you have a garage early in the new year, or are living on your own in a tent possibly :biglaugha:

or maybe you will end up wearing your bike around your neck
  • Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online