The Beast Is Dead

obriens65
This post is 3392 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Six weeks ago, in the last week of October, the Beast and I parted company at 50mph and rolled down the road separately for a while.

The cast comes off my left wrist tomorrow and I still have a brace on my right knee but that's getting there. :sigh2:

However it is with heavy heart that I report the parting of the Beast. I'm told that my beloved TR1 is not repairable. :angel3:

I now have to wait for the insurers to find a market value for a bike that is as rare as unicorn teeth (good luck with that one) so that they can decide what they believe it was worth.

:bawling:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Airhead: You didn't miss it this is the first time I've mentioned it. Was hoping that the bike would be OK.

Foamy: Your bike lost that much oil that it could possibly have spread as far as the A339 :tounge: , but no, just a wet and slippery road.

And yes it sucks, as you say, balls

Blackhat, I'm already looking for the next bike.

What it is will depend on how much I get for the TR1 but I will definitely be getting another bike.

Thanks for the offer foamy. There's no rush, I can't get back on a bike until the brace comes off my leg.

Sorry to hear that OB, why not buy the bike back off of the insurance company and repair it yourself? Lot's of folks do, busted bones are easy but twisted ligaments and pulled tendons take forever to heal properly, my knee has never been the same since I crashed into an A35 in 1968 !! Hope your up and about soon mate, if you need anything just holler. :jossun:

ouch! glad your still here, but those aches will stay with you and become part of the pub banter

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Slice: As tempting as it might be to buy it back, the reason they said it wasn't feasibly repairable was because they couldn't source some of the bits they needed (and if a repair shop can't find them what chance would I have?) and the ones they could find were stupid money due to their rarity.

I know when I was looking for a muffler the only original one I could find was in Germany and the asking price was 495 euros plus shipping. There's no way I could afford to repair it myself.

Sorry to hear about that, hope you make a full recovery that is after all the most important thing, Hopefully your insurance company will come up with a fair price and you wil be back in the sadle before too long.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online