sticky clutch

yammy lover
This post is 3556 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm having a little issue at the minute with my clutch on my yamaha rxs100. Recently fitted a new clutch it felt a bit damp but it was working. Last night on way home from work it started sticking and becoming unresponsive I was sat in traffic lights in 1st gear and bike wouldn't move off.I pumped the clutch a little bit then it would go. Does anyone know what it could be before I start taking it apart. Thank you in advance help would be much appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So what you mean is " its not engaging" ? look down at the arm when pulling lever, see if movement,,,or stuck as Airhead says,, :yeah:

Thanks you too, we took it apart last night and remapped the cable seems to be working for now am starting to worry it could be my clutch plates apart from the cable having a kink ever think looked good in the crank case, could bad mapping of cable hold my clutch in so I couldn't set off, my mate thinks the cable isn't the right one it was a small nipple wen the holder in the crank case looks like it should be a dubble ended one, I ordered the cable from wemoto as well

Who knows pfffff

• 2 weeks later...

Always oil new cables before fitting them , a drop of engine oil is best . And yes , a badly routed or ill fitting cable can severely affect your clutch or throttle to the point of being dangerous . Some small bikes have a cable for retracting the sidestand attached to the clutch cable , not sure about the mighty RXS but check it out . A manual is best .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online