DT 125 LC clutch problem

jeffhj8
This post is 3532 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

Well here is the story. I was riding my bike the other day, and my chain came off of the rear sproket but it continued to spin around the front sproket, it ended up doubling up on the front sproket at stalling the engine. when i tried to put the clutch in to get it out of first it was very stiff and it didnt want to spring back. Today while working on the bike i got the chain off of the front sproket and onto the rear. To do this i had to take the chain gaurd off which was connected to the stator cover and with that off i saw (its hard to explain) where the clutch cable went onto a shaft i assume and down into the gearbox to the clutch, this shaft was in a housing that was dented badly from the chain being wrapped up on the sproket, i believe this could be why the clutch leaver is very stiff.

I am just wondering if there is any way i can fix this or if there if this isnt the reason its stiff does anyone have any any other ideas to why it is so stiff. if i can figure out how to work this website i will post a picture of what i mean by the damage.

Anything helps, thank you all for reading this and if there is anything you need me to explain in greater detail please tell me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah I think I get the jist of what you are saying. I'd tend to agree on your diagnosis of what's causing the stiff clutch. All I can think of is to have a steel bolt fashioned in a lathe so it just goes down that hole and tap it in there using the hex head to wiggle it about and to aid removal...would this work?

You have cause yourself some greif here for not maintaining your bike properly !

yeah I think I get the jist of what you are saying. I'd tend to agree on your diagnosis of what's causing the stiff clutch. All I can think of is to have a steel bolt fashioned in a lathe so it just goes down that hole and tap it in there using the hex head to wiggle it about and to aid removal...would this work?

This could work, the only problem that could come with this is that it is and from aluminum even though its softer and easier to mold, it could crack and break. but that could be the only thing i can do.

here is a picture of what i the damage looks like

20141213_121411_zpsba24f69c.jpg

yeah the gouges are quite deep too, you're gonna be lucky if you get away with this one, if you crack the metal she'll be losing oil through the crack ! But if you leave the metal dolly in the hole maybe if it did crack you could get someone to weld it ?

I guess it could act like a sleeve, i might be able to find someone with a Tig welder that i could weld this thing up if it cracks. damn, if i get a punch with a nicly rounded tip i could try punch them out if i heated the metal, then put the sleeve in to make sure its properly sealed. this will definetely be an interesting job. thanks for the help

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online