Hello!

rintski
This post is 3469 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all.

I'm a welder/fabricator, wireman, and...

a petrol head like you.

I'll probably lurk a bit, chat occasionally and

have more questions than answers.

I've just been given a DT 125 by a mate who

has too many bikes and not enough time.

I had a 175 briefly 25 years ago but swapped

It for a Montessa. I intend to tart it up a bit,

doing bits gradually, when I can, as I have

too many bikes not enough time!

I'll apologise now for my first question!

What year is my bike?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wotcha Rintski!

With regard to the DT, if you don't have the V5 or anything, I'd suggest starting with the number plate.

Here's the basics of how they all work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom,_Crown_dependencies_and_overseas_territories

If that doesn't help, pop back here and give us a shout. Might be able to tell from the VIN or somesuch.

Thanks Ttaskmaster.

She's in a sorry state, passed around for some years I think the last bloke never wanted it in the first place and the one before him used to bump start it to ride across his farm!

It was my place or the scrap yard.

She has no silencer, no air box and a foam filter. The lights and battery have been removed, maybe by the same genius who chopped off the kill switch wires at the throttle housing!

Dispute this abuse the frame, tank and panels ain't bad at all and 20 mins work had her running.

There is no number plate or paperwork obviously but there is a frame number on headstock. Not sure where engine number is yet?

It looks like an lc but no rad, drums, round slide mikuni, oil injection, Y-3 123cc air cooled head,

boost bottle in front of fuel tap.

Seen a few pics but not like this one and don't know much about them. I wondered if it could be a change over year sort of thing? I wrote the frame number somewhere safe! Think it started 3TT?

Gonna stop waffling now.

Laters

There is no number plate or paperwork obviously but there is a frame number on headstock. Not sure where engine number is yet?

According to most DT125 owners manuals, the engine number is stamped into the crank case, a little way above the left footpeg.

The frame number is on the headstock, probably right hand side.

The model label is "affixed to the frame, under the seat".

Incidentally, if you want a free owners manual, Yamaha themselves have some to download, here: http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/services/owner-manuals/index.aspx?category=motorcycles

I actually know fuck-all about DTs myself, but there are a shedload of riders here who do and will hopefully be along shortly to further advise!

Hi rinski " your numbers don't come up on list,,, starting with a 3 points to IT 125. 1980"s , 3r9 or 3r6 ,,IT175, No 3TT "s

Have a proper look,,, :jossun:

Hi Blackhat250

Good work! Thanks for that, it could well be an IT

I don't know the difference... Yet

Defo 3TT...

Can you see why I said DT?......

A55E8829-0EC3-459A-904D-7033EFE4F235.jpg

I have found a list of yamaha frame/vin numbers,

on a part supplier website, that has 3TT1 as 1990 DT 125

Mine (above) is 3TT-0...

Looks like I'll be spending more late nights reading about motorcycles...

Hi meatloaf.

Cheers Blackhat

So it could be a 2014 dt from deepest darkest Peru!

I'll search beneath the grime for an engine number when I'm next in the shop... Hope it has one!!!

:wavey: welcome to the YOC!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online