Carb pod filters?

slice
This post is 3429 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a quick question folks, I am going to replace the filter on the FJ but have decided to go with the pod/individual filters instead of the single flat filter, main reason for this is it's much easier to get the carbs off with out the filter housing and it will give me much more room under the seat for another place to have some storage that's out of sight. My problem is that I don't know if I have to uprate the jets if I do this, is it normal to rejet with this mod or can I leave the existing jets in for now? The FJ club does a rejet kit but it's in the £100 range and I have to drill the old jet ways out for the new jets to fit, has anyone done this to any of your bikes? any advice on this would be most helpful. sb.jpgThis is the kit supplied by the FJ club This kit contain 4 individual S&B performance air filter and LEDAR air corrector jet kit plus bigger main jets.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OH FFS Foamy !!!!

Aye slicer " it will run lean as hell :eusa_doh: , it will need choke on startup for a lot longer than normal, then thers the flat spot when given a big hand full,.

The jetting will be a nightmare to get correct, if them guys have the proper kit sounds good , as you"l spend a lot of time and heart-ache

setting her up, [ as they have ,to got where they are with the kit]

Am a stock airbox fan,, :yeah:

Thanks blackhat, just want to get a bit more MPG out of it, they claim that it increases the max MPG by a small amount and these things are thirsty when you open their throat, plus as I said it gives me a place to put the alarm and other electronic gubbins that I want to add to it, sorry Foams my bad !

I would stay stock, its a nightmare setting up the carbs.

I still have a slight flat spot on the tracker and that's only two carbs

Yeh slicey" they give more mpg, coz the usually run lean, And lean 4 strokes burn valves, that slight hesitation drewps will be the too much air/fuel , That illuminator I had was too rich, to the point where it woulnt run when hot[ splutter -black smoke] I whipped off the air box,

and ran down road ,it was great with nowt on carbs, it would bog on W.O.T, but if you pulled on choke [ thumb lever] it was like a turbo coming in,, the rich prob was Keichin carbs mixture screws were 4.5 turns out ,[ stock was 2 turns] them keichins mixture screws are at the front of carb body = out for rich, installed airbox and ran good after that, :rolleyes:

OK Blakckhat thanks for the info, guess I will stick to the airbox then and save a few quid.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online