Yamaha Maxim 650 83'

DouGaL
This post is 6755 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm in Canada, we get some cold winters. I finally got my bike out a couple of weekes ago. Didn't ride it, got it cleaned and tuned. Let it run for awhile, no problems at the time.

Go to the garage next day, I smell gas, I notice my exhaust pipes (1 side) have filled with gas!

Help me... what did I do here?

I took the plugs out, and pushed the bike to see if gas came out chamber. Everything looks fine and the bike still fires up?

Help! I can't afford to lose my yammy!

Thanks

DouGaL

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: to the forum DouGaL

I used to ride an '83 750 Maxim for about a 4+yr. stint....

But I can't figure out how your exhaust pipes are getting filled up with gas? :headscratch:

Could it be that your fuel petcock is leaking into the carbs when the bike is not in use?......

In other words....being a vacuum driven fuel valve, does it feed fuel when the bike is shut off? :unsure:

I recall having leakage probs with mine before some CrackHead stole it! :angry:

Your fuel petcock might need to be repleced if this is the scenario......they can be taken apart & cleaned but always seem to cause probs with a bike of this age......much easier to replace it for just piece of mind. ;)

Have a look here..... MotoGrid

They supply factory parts for a far better price than most dealers....I've had great luck with 'em. B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online