Somebody stole my Brake Disc Bolts!

timtitan
This post is 3582 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

I am the proud owner of a YBR 125, it's not the fastest thing around but I ride it into work every day. Unfortunately this morning I found that some thug has nicked all the bolts holding my front disc to the wheel (presumably thinking he'd be able to wheel it despite the disc brake lock), and apparently he got frustrated, and has smashed the internals of my ignition, slashed the seat, tank, and generally tried to break my bike.

I've ordered a replacement ignition, but I can't find the disc bolts, I know they are 8mm Button Hex Bolts, 20mm long, but i don't know the thread pitch, anyone know what it is or where I can get some cheap?

Many Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dont buy cheap, got to your yamaha dealer and order the proper parts, they will be high tensile strength and you should fit proper bolts to your brakes, what year is your ybr ?

hey I'm sorry to hear about your predicament, thieving bastards, try to get something other than the disk lock, a big cable/chain lock as well ?

Hi Tim and welcome to the YOC, sorry to hear your news mate, what a bastard thing to do, as above a BIG chain and lock will keep the buggers away, and again the only way to go is buy the right thing not the cheap thing. Online if you must or your local dealer is better as that way you have someone to talk to who knows what parts will fit you bike.

get a lock system that is "Gold sold secure".

That way they will take longer to break it (thus move on hopefully)

Well the disc lock worked, they couldn't remove it, they just pretty much wrecked stuff in frustration. Thanks for the advice.

you're missing the point, if it had a big chain/cable clearly on view...perhaps they'd have walked on by

an alarm might be good too, it all helps if your parking place isnt secure

Does anyone make a disc lock which can be plugged into the mains ? Just a thought . A bloke I knew , who lived in a high crime area , ran wires from his HT coils to the handlebars where he stripped off the insulation and wrapped the copper around the grips like lockwire . He'd flip a hidden switch to "arm" his anti theft device , lol .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online