Fuel prices "

blackhat250
This post is 3447 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

During the gas crunch of the 70's the 76 corvet made a whoping 178 hp out of a 305 cid v8

Yeah, my old man has a couple of them, i always take the piss about the fact that my '94 FTO produces just under 200hp out of 2 litres, difference being the corvettes just dissapear sideways and leave two black lines in the road regardless of what gear youre in, its all about torque.

I was also into the nitro stuff (first of all trucks, then aeros later) and the market for leccy stuff only really seemed to take off just as i was loosing interest, i had a 1:8 Savage with a 28cc nitro engine, one of my buddys had a 1:8 Savage Flux (2 brushless motors and 2 LiPo batteries), his would literally backflip from a standstill, but he had the awkwardness of charging batteries and worrying they would explode, and it didnt have the smells and sounds that the glow trucks did.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Foams " your a dinosaur , :icon_mrgreen: ,,, funny thing the other week, I came up behind some old yank v8 saloon ,[ retro1970s] at the lights,

it a had a rear spoiler like a set of goal posts, , so we set off,[ que infront of us,] till we exit the city limits,

Well he gives it some big licks, [ all noise] and I just had to pass him in a flash, honestly I think the DT250 wudda gubbed him, :babyha:

Buy up them 2strokes , if electric takes over,,,old gas guzzlers will be icons,, :yeah:

Ya tourque from a e motor is instant and dosent realy drop off,the new batteries don't blow up unless you over charge them.running them below thier thresh hold is the big problem.Once they big guys figure that out and how to put it in a car/truck nobody will want a oil

burning anythin.

I have a traxis trck and if I could have the same power in my jeep. I would swap the 4.2 lt motor inaminruning full power for 1/2 hr in scale would get me just about anywhere I would ever need to go normaly.And the mft would doo wheelies,crawl any hill/rock climb better.

I would need extra axels straped all over the truck as they would be breaking all the time.

Give the big companys time and nothing will beat a e anything.

Inthe mean time we get raped at the pump to play

• Like 1