New Handlebars

Nate-UK
This post is 3608 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I wondered if someone could help me with a query regarding replacing the handlebars on my 2012 XJ6N.

I recently came off the bike at a pretty slow speed and only did a small amount of damaged which included bending the handlebars slightly. I'm looking into replacement them with the cheapest option possable. Has anyone replaced their previously and can off any help / advice of what bars to buy?

Cheers,

Nate.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you want "CHEAP" then buy a broom handle, but if you want SAFE then buy the right thing, no such thing as a cheap well made pair of handlebars. What's the old saying? "you get what you pay for".

PS sorry to hear you dropped your bike always a pisser when that happens, It's excepted practice on here that you do an INTRO in new members section before you ask a "how do I fix my bike" question, just so we know your not a one hit wonder, we get a lot of those, don't mind as such but they NEVER say Thanks, so if you would be so kind to trot over there and say "Hi" and a bit about your self it makes things run a lot smoother if folks think your serious about the forum not just a "I WANT!" kind of guy.

• Like 1

Gotta agree with Slice there buddy on both accounts.

Rethal Bars are both reasonable price wise and good quality.

Think i done a write up some where about changing handle bars on someone elses thread it was on a cruiser but the principle is the same. Post up an intro and i'll did it out for you ;)

I change my handlebars with some flanders custom but my bike is a cruiser. anyway, just in case this will help you, I have to drill the new handlebars for switch boxes fixing and I also have to buy some custom grips because the original handlebars have... fitting things (lol) for bar ends and the custom ones don`t have anything where you can fit the genuine bar ends. anyway, for you will not be a problem the bar ends because on the market are tons of custom bar ends for sport bikes.. well, for any kind of bike excepting cruisers (1" diameter).

if you have to drill your handlebars for switch cases, make sure you will drill in the correct place.. measure 2-3 times before you drill. if you don`t have stuffs for pipe drilling, do what i do, start with a small drill bit (1 mm) and finish with the dimension you need, using progresive drills bits sizes... in my case I needed 5 mm hole. I do this with handlebars fitted on the bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online