dt 125 lc mk1 running problems

jeffhj8
This post is 3606 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Clip on the needle , there be 4 grooves in needle , move clip up 1 . that drops needle farther into the needle jet, [ leaner]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXxxJrA5hNY

I not sure what happened to this thing but the clip on the needle was bent across 2 notches and the lowest part was sitting all the way down on the very bottom notch. and it put some pretty nasty markings and chips in the needle, so i fixed the clip and put it two up from the bottom, so hopefully thius will help.

I not sure what happened to this thing but the clip on the needle was bent across 2 notches and the lowest part was sitting all the way down on the very bottom notch. and it put some pretty nasty markings and chips in the needle, so i fixed the clip and put it two up from the bottom, so hopefully thius will help.

yep, that would make it rich, so hopefully you have your problem solved now

Just an update.

Was a pain to get the carb back on, but i got it on after a bit but the barrel in, with the newly adjusted needle. My dumb self put the barrel in backward and it started full throttle :eusa_wall: scared the crap out of me when it started, but i got it back in the right way. Took it out for a ride and it seems to have almost fixed the problem, still bogging but not as much so ill put the clip up one more notch and see if that fixes the problem.

Just another question does anyone know where i can find plastics for my bike? can't seem to find them anywhere.

Just an update.

Was a pain to get the carb back on, but i got it on after a bit but the barrel in, with the newly adjusted needle. My dumb self put the barrel in backward and it started full throttle :eusa_wall: scared the crap out of me when it started, but i got it back in the right way. Took it out for a ride and it seems to have almost fixed the problem, still bogging but not as much so ill put the clip up one more notch and see if that fixes the problem.

Just another question does anyone know where i can find plastics for my bike? can't seem to find them anywhere.

Make it leaner at your peril jeff, if you can live with it leave it alone now or risk overheating and holing your piston

Very true, by moving up one more notch it will be in the center so do you think that would be too lean, or it really depends on the bike and whats going on with it i guess.

Ill post a pic of the plug either tonight or tomorrow if i figure out how... i am kinda new to the whole plug chopping and it looks good to me, so ill let you guys be the judge.

wont be able to post the picture for a while, silencer broke off the bike and it is way to loud to ride where i live. once i get that fixed i be sure to do a plug chop.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online