Larger top tank on Virago 535 with small fuel tank.??

Walrus1#
This post is 3466 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi ther is it possible to fit a larger tank to the 535 to get a better range???

I thought I read somewhere that a tank from the smaller models could be fitted.Is this possible does anyone know.??

Thanks inadvance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A tank from a smaller model can be fitted to a bigger model in order to increase fuel capacity to give more range?

Is it me, have I read it wrong???

Well " I take it the 125 must have a bigger capacity tank than the 500. /wheres slice & Co ,,the virago boys, :shrug:

A tank from a smaller model can be fitted to a bigger model in order to increase fuel capacity to give more range?

Is it me, have I read it wrong???

No you read it right.LOl The top tank on the 535 is tiny capacity as there is an under seat tank fitted. But range is only 100miles or so,The top tank is there just to make filling easier than it used to be when the top was a complete dummy shell.I believe you can fit the tank from the smaller models as they do not have the under seat tank and carry about 11 litres of fuel which would about double the range of the 535.Or even one of the larger models tanks if they will fit :eusa_think: I'm sure someone must have looked into this as the range is dire for a cruiser,especially if you have done any motorway miles on your ride out,and gunned the engine for a few miles. :icon_redface1:

No you read it right.LOl The top tank on the 535 is tiny capacity as there is an under seat tank fitted. But range is only 100miles or so,The top tank is there just to make filling easier than it used to be when the top was a complete dummy shell.I believe you can fit the tank from the smaller models as they do not have the under seat tank and carry about 11 litres of fuel which would about double the range of the 535.Or even one of the larger models tanks if they will fit :eusa_think: I'm sure someone must have looked into this as the range is dire for a cruiser,especially if you have done any motorway miles on your ride out,and gunned the engine for a few miles. :icon_redface1:

An early 535 has a range of approx 102 miles. 89 on models range was around 165 miles as capacity went from 1.9 to 3 gallons, which is good range. so id say go for an 89 on tank. tank from a smaller model may only give longer range as its pulling less mass

An early 535 has a range of approx 102 miles. 89 on models range was around 165 miles as capacity went from 1.9 to 3 gallons, which is good range. so id say go for an 89 on tank. tank from a smaller model may only give longer range as its pulling less mass

Your thinking too hard therelol.smaller model tank has more capacity so will give more range on the 535 is what I said not that the smaller bike gave more range!!!That is obvious!!!!.what I am afetr is a top tank with more fuel capacity than this tiny little thing fitted as standard.So instead of 3 litres or whatever, I get 11 litres. Do you grasp the concept now???

Easy Walrus, people are trying to help, they are doing their best. Perhaps if you could show a picture of the fitting at the bottom of the tank one of us might have an idea as to which tank will fit, as you know most are a slide on type fitting but they do differ in size and shape so if you would be so kind to put up a few shots of the tank in question folks will try to help out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online