CBT Renewal

Grouch
This post is 3529 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just booked my CBT renewal. It looks like I've been riding around illegally :shakeno: I thought the limit for renewal was 3 years (I'm sure it used to be when I first did it as a 16 year old) I am on m yhird year of riding so I should of renewed it last year. So obviously because I don't have a valid CBT I am riding illegally. I presume my insurance will be void.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Naughty naughty grouch"o , :eusa_naughty: why not do the test, get away from all the hastle of plates and cbt"s etc,,

Oh Grouchy... You really should get your full licence sorted... Ultimately the cost isn't all that bad, then at least you can enjoy your bike sans L plates...

You're right though, a CBT is valid for just 2 years. Shame you have to complete it again, but at least it'll be easy!

I know it's just the inconveniance. I think I might start looking into it. The other problem is I'm stuck with my WR for another two years until it's pad off.

the insurance should come down though and you can start dreaming of the next bike ......

Enjoy the WR, it's a fun looking bike. Don't worry that you're stuck with it. Get your full licence now and save for a bigger bike 2 years down the line. Otherwise, you'll only be in the position 2 years later when you'll have to get your CBT again, then your full licence and other bike in close proximity.

As for considering your car licence... Nothing wrong with that but as someone who has come from driving first, I find it so boring now. I only use my car out of necessity, like when I go food shopping or take the dogs somewhere. A bike is sooo much more fun!

How much is the CBT test grouch? its easy for me to say get your full licence, it was easy when I did it, but it seems to get more difficult every year and as Drewpy said you'll save money on your insurance and future Cbt test unless your riding is as bad as your mechanical skills ha ha ha :razz:

Its 85 quid using my own bike Tommy. Yeah Bippo thats why I want a car for shopping and going away with my g/f. I've just been looking at at the dsa test. I'll speak to the instructor on Wed and see if he can do me a good deal on the direct access.

I failed my mod 2 about 2 weeks ago - automatically rebooked it so its soon - irony is that I was more worried about the mod 1 test

Gutted :shakeno:

• Like 1

Enjoy the WR, it's a fun looking bike. Don't worry that you're stuck with it. Get your full licence now and save for a bigger bike 2 years down the line. Otherwise, you'll only be in the position 2 years later when you'll have to get your CBT again, then your full licence and other bike in close proximity.

Got to agree, and in 2 years time the test could be even harder and that 600 is only a pipe dream unless you pass the test.

Grouch your not STUCK with the WR it's a good bike plus when you bought it and put the photos up on the forum it looked a smashing little bike, just take your test and then if you want you can buy another bigger bike when you have paid off the WR,

• Like 1

I love my WR it is a cracking bike. It's deffo the best 125 supermoto on the market. Everything on it is quality. I must admit I feel a tit with L plates.

Yes, I'd love a WR as a run around bike, they are just too expensive...

It's not all about the power Grouch. Although I love my bike, there is something to be said for a smaller CC... The amount of times I'm out for a ride around regular roads and I recall the fun I used to have on my YBR. You get to see so much more, and it's always entertaining when you out-fox a Summer Power Ranger.

Don't see the embarrassment in the L plates. You hold the key to get rid of them, so sort it! You're old enough to jump onto anything you desire before they change the rules again. If I was you, I'd re-take my CBT, sort my theory and progress with the DAS. Then the world is your oyster.

They are expensive but they are made with quality parts. Brembo brakes, Saxess wheels etc. I think I'll always keep it as a cheap run around.

I don't blame you. Enjoy it, look after it and I'm sure you'll reap the benefits.

How much of an improvement is it over your old bike? Appreciate one is new, and the other wasn't, but aside from that are the improvements noticeable?

Massive difference. The bike is alot bigger and feels like a 250. It has a great riding position. The brakes are really good as well. It has an extra 5hp than the XT which means it's a bit quicker off the mark and tops out at 70. It's great bike for city use. To be honest the XT compared to the WR resembles a chinese bike. Even little things like the petrol cap are a lot better quality.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online