dt125r project :)

Samyamman
This post is 3472 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys a friends work mate had a crash on his dt125r and bent the forks so I went and had a look it sounded all good looked rough but sounded good would tick over tho but I took the gamble and brought it:) it's a 1998 dt125r 3bn image_zpsd61b9085.jpg8months m.o.t and 8months tax £450 got it home have it a clean and ordered some new forks off flea bay witch the left fork leg witch came was shagged :/ so had to use the bent forks internals got it all up and running still couldn't get it to tick over tho (air mix screw was sized) so I went for a ride and it rode like a bag off shiiiite got home whipped off the exhaust it was fully restricted and had been for a long long time had to take the powervalve out and clean it before it would spin! Done that went out again and after it cleared out it ran well in powervalve but off the valve was roughimage_zpsdd36b517.jpg left it over night came out had an other ride and I'm gonna say the crank seals have gone it's real rough on low speeds and slowing down it jumps back and forward so motor out full rebuild every part being replaced! Parts are all from fowlers off Bristol yamaha dealers £389.99 on parts! And at this time thought I may as well have a little project! So stripped it down image_zps4fbf7047.jpg snapped an engine bolt while at it :(image_zps33069b20.jpgdont think its hard to tell it wasn't looked after lol bolts snapped all over the place! Frames being sent off to be powered coated black next weekend! All new plastic have been ordered! Have a friend that hydro dips ;) got a few parts goin to him! I will upload more photos and so on hope you enjoy as much as I am :) PLEASE UP LOAD PHOTOS OFF YOUR DT125r so I can see and get some insperation :) cheers guys!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online