Ybr 125 (2013) headlight bulb

Daddydee
This post is 3434 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Had the same issue with my SR - standard filament bulb. I put a 35/45w bulb in and it has improved slightly with no negative problems

If you get it wrong it will get hot and melt the housing, like most of these things you can't just bung what you like in them cos the standard is usually about 10% under the max allowed so anything above that will lead to problems.

Work out your max voltage output then deduct everything that you can turn on, lights rear - indicators - horn - side lights and anything else that you might have attached to the bike then what you have left is the max voltage you can get away with subject to the heat it will generate. remember the brighter the light the hotter it will get.

Has anyone used an LED headlight? if they even make one and it would need an inverter to convert the DC to AC.

Most led lights work straight from 12v. I have seen some on eBay but tbh most are Chinese and quality may not be great. I use an Angel eye type as a daylight running and works fine

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I come home from work at night along dark B roads and it can be quite scary. If you cant find any way of making it better try and hover the low/high beam switch in the middle and it makes the headlight use both fillaments of the bulb. Dont get me wrong this wont permanantly sort the problem but it works for the tine being :)

Tusk Super White bulbs are da bomb! Like said earlier you will have to be careful but these lights are extremely bright and have a white tint. I have the H6M Tusks on my Banshee, same watt rating as stock, and they improved my night time vision dramatically.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online