Yamaha Sr125 starting problems

Djstorm
This post is 6676 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I have a Yamaha Sr125, bought it recently but it has been sat around in the back yard as i was waiting for a new petrol cap. I tried starting the bike when i got home today and there was nothing. This bike is an electric start, no kick start on it and it was working the other day. Not being a bike genius(yet) i am unsure what the problem is. Can anybody help?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I have a Yamaha Sr125, bought it recently but it has been sat around in the back yard as i was waiting for a new petrol cap. I tried starting the bike when i got home today and there was nothing. This bike is an electric start, no kick start on it and it was working the other day. Not being a bike genius(yet) i am unsure what the problem is. Can anybody help?

Damp in the ignition, drained battery, water in the tank if cap was off!

take out the spark plugs can you smell petrol?

connect up your spark plugs and earth to cyl head, do you get a spark?

Charge up the battery

drain tank and put fresh petrol in.

I now have the problem of theres oil everywhere for some reason, Any body know where the bolts are for the petrol tank and seat? i canny seem to find them. BEing a novice at bikes(at the minute) explains everything but im willing to give it a go if someone will just help. :P

I now have the problem of theres oil everywhere for some reason, Any body know where the bolts are for the petrol tank and seat? i canny seem to find them. BEing a novice at bikes(at the minute) explains everything but im willing to give it a go if someone will just help. :P

You are best to get yourself a haynes manual for starters, that way, you will gain basic knowledge for your bike. try

http://www.yamaha-xt500.co.uk/portal.php its mainly xt but the sr has the same engine as the xt.

your seat should open by key, and them you will see the hinges. with the seat up you will be able to see a bolt or bolts to hold the rear of the tank on, then wiggle backwards off the rubber.

you can see an sr parts catalogue here. try 1980 theres's an sr250 listed there

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/parts/home.aspx

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online