Ready for winter?

Grouch
This post is 3616 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got soaked to the bone today, I had almost forgotten about the rain with the decent summer we have had. It has got cold lately and it looks like winters on its way. I don't mind the cold but, the getting piss wet through annoys me. Better find my waterproofs.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

He alive folks how the duck you been groucho ?

I don't mind the cold, it's the snow I really dislike! Even getting wet through is not too bad - as long as it's on the way home and I can dry the clothes out before putting them back on!

Back in the early 80s when I was doing a long commute daily i found that I came to hate freezing fog,used to arrive at work looking and feeling like a snowman. No matter what gloves I wore after about ten miles I just couldn't feel my hands anymore and when I got to work if I needed a piss before my hands thawed out I was in big trouble.

• Like 1

Welcome back Grouch !! How you been mate? If all else fails wear a bin liner/black sack under your coat, you feel a right tit when you take your jacket off but your dry.

Mr. Elusive!! Welcome back... Again!

Winter riding isn't an issue for me, although I'm not in the county at the mo, ha ha!

It's challenging, particularly the fog, but rain is just a given in England. However, I won't lie... I was happier to do winter riding more when on my YBR. Mainly because riding was so novel and I had not choice but to drag my ass over the Pennines each day, but the bike was much cheaper to fix in the event of a drop!

Now... Let me just get back to enjoying some Fondue and wine in Switzerland...

• Like 3

Fook me grouch was beginning to think you'd been abducted by aliens or something!.

For winter riding, I'm using the car this year, I'm miserable enough at work as it is without arriving freezing my bollocks off every day.

• Like 1

Thermal longjohns are a great investment I find, maplins do battery operated heated ski gloves and heated insoles,

Had heated grips on my Blade and XJ600 which helped also, combined with handlebar muffs (giggity) they can be quote pleasent

Plenty of layers in the cold

Waterproof outdoor gear to go over when it rains (surpisingly good)

Silk balcalava

Silk inner gloves

Never ride in the fog

Never waste an opportunity at the traffic lights to drop my hands onto the engine (air cooled)

• Like 1

Yes I'm back haha. I've been waiting for a clear dry day to give my bike a good clean and ACF-50 it but it's constantly raining. Last winter wasn't too bad it didn't even snow, I hope it doesn't again, I hate that slush crap that it turns into.

Well welcome back Grouch. It's not the same without you... I see you removed your photo as per Tommy's recommendation after your rather racist comment, ha ha!!

Seriously though... How's the bike going? Enjoying it? I do really like the WR, and if I was staying in a 125 long term it would be my first choice. Opted for the YBR (no complaints from me) purely because it was so much cheaper!

How many miles have you clocked up now?

But for me, the more important question is... Are you any closer to getting your full licence? If I remember correctly didn't you take your CBT in March? Which means you're either due to redo it, or already have done so. Are you still going to get your full licence at some point?

Is a 125 2T still on the cards too?

• Like 1

I removed my photo because I have had problems with some sad cunt hacking my FB account and causing problems. I have also deleted my FB account.

The bike is great Bippo, I love it. I don't regret buying new I'm glad I got it. The only problem is I'm stuck with it for the next tow years until I have paid the finance off. I don't mind though. It's cheap to run and and insure and it's fast enough for city riding. I planned on getting a 2T but I got my hours cut at work and a pay cut as well. Damn recession and Government funding cuts has hit my sector hard. I'm going to get my full licence at some point but now I'm debating whther or not it would be more sensible and practical to get my driving licence first. Ideally I want to get a 125 2T project and do it over the winter but we all know how skilled I am at mechanics. I've more chance of winning the lottery.

Yes I'm back haha. I've been waiting for a clear dry day to give my bike a good clean and ACF-50 it but it's constantly raining. Last winter wasn't too bad it didn't even snow, I hope it doesn't again, I hate that slush crap that it turns into.

Couldn't work today because it was pissing down so spent the afternoon in my garage, gave my bike a good clean and ACF-50 it. Hope this winter is not as wet as the last one as we had floods all over the place. If it snows I'm staying inside.

I removed my photo because I have had problems with some sad cunt hacking my FB account and causing problems.

Same guy that looks in you bag " :babyha: ,, Your being stalked :ninja:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online