Rejetting V-star 650 with Mikuni TM40-6 single carb..

acaglumac
This post is 3446 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I just joined the forum. I bought an 2007 v-star 650 custom and took out the two carbs, bought a Mikuni TM40-6 single carb from amazon and I was wondering which jets do I need to purchase to rejet the carb?

I know KJS sells a kit for about $650 that includes the manifold and the TM40-6 carb that they rejet before shipping it, but I cant find out which jets they use. I will build my own manifold similar to the one on KJS site, I just need to know which jets should I use.

I would appreciate if anyone has that info for me.

Thank you

Alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Alex,

First off welcome to the club, its best to nip over to the new members section of the forum and introduce yourself before asking some questions (just a bit about yourself so we get to know you)

Second i too wanted to get the KJS kit for my bobber so if you come up with a way to make a new manifold id love to know how you do it as $650 then shipping for me is a tad stupid.

Try here for new jets https://startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=21&productID=363

And Lastly if you can do a build thread when you make the manifold that would be brilliant :thumb:

• 6 months later...

Hi all, I just joined the forum. I bought an 2007 v-star 650 custom and took out the two carbs, bought a Mikuni TM40-6 single carb from amazon and I was wondering which jets do I need to purchase to rejet the carb?

I know KJS sells a kit for about $650 that includes the manifold and the TM40-6 carb that they rejet before shipping it, but I cant find out which jets they use. I will build my own manifold similar to the one on KJS site, I just need to know which jets should I use.

I would appreciate if anyone has that info for me.

Thank you

Alex

i use for my DS400: PJ 22.5 MJ 155 (Same carb and DIY Manifold)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online