what the - NEW ebc ck 2236 plate set incorrect thickness

s900t8v
This post is 3641 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys

so I bought an EBC friction plate set CK2236 ( the p/n listed for 74-75 dt 175 models - which have the same clutch setup as CT2/CT3 175s and therefore DT 125/AG 175 models of the same era...

however the original plate thickness is 4mm, and the replacement EBC plate thickness is 3mm

so it seems that you can get different variations of the CK2236 plate kit?

I had it all installed I didnt measure the plate thickness before dumping the oil in - so I wont be returning this item which really pisses me off..

can anyone confirm this issue of there being different subsets within the CK2236 series.

was so looking forward to test riding it with a working clutch.

I also bought new steel plates and new EBC clutch springs.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just did write to EBC, and also to the ebayer.

I have new steel plates that are 0.1mm - 0.2mm thicker than the originals, so thats not the problem... I dont want to add any used plates in thats not how its supossed to be.... I am going to throw back the OEM springs and see if the bike is any better with the used plates/discs I sanded to remove glazing/high spots with the OEM springs...

I am pissed off at this shit.

ALSO after reading many complaints about EBC I decided to check the springs, the free height was 34mm when new but now they've been used a little the free height is around that of the other used OEM springs... furthermore the spring coil thickness is actually less than OEM, I am going to measure them up against the OEMs and actually calculate the spring rate to see if their claim of 15% stiffer than stock rings true... if it doesnt I will again be emailing EBC about their BS....

Just a quick story, guy gets a parcel, opens parcel and finds it's not what he ordered, he phones the supplier and tells them the problem, they say "have you opened the parcel?" yes he says, well once it's opened you own it he's told ! This is not how it's supposed to be and it's all BS! So if you were supplied the wrong parts due to size or any other dimension or just the plain wrong item SEND IT BACK you can only find out if something don't work if you actually try to use it a lot of the time and this sounds like one of those times, so if it's covered in oil that's not your fault it's theirs cos you had to try it to find out if it would work or not right?

Just my thoughts on it you understand but I think you have been screwed over!

• Like 1

Yeah I've emailed the ebay sellers kindly to ask if there is anything they can do. The place I bought the ck series clufch plates did not list compatibility info nor did they say there is variation in ck series. So technically they did not describe the item properly and if I want to claim through ebay I should be able to.

The problem is I bought the stuff in the us and my step mum brought the stuff over to save me hundreds on shipping.

The clutch springs I bought were wrong too. I wasn't convinced they were right I emailed the seller and they lied and said they were 3 weeks ago (from UK)

They sol me csk042. They are 76-77 dt 175 that have different clutch basket. The earlier 74-75 dt basket I have needs csk039 (same as 74-75 rd 350) this info is based off the ebc direct website so they have me the wrong ones. The ones they gave me are weaker than the originals.

I way overpaid for those springs and they're the wrong ones!

To be honest I'm pissed at ebc. It's a poor effort to no have clear specifications on their products or proper compatibility information. Just weak. It's a wonder they sell anything.

After reading all their complaints I probably should have gone oem. But it's so pricey here in australia. Plus I like to avoid asbestos products where possible haha.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

To add insult to injury somehow the tracking says my boyesen reeds were delivered but I never got them. So there goes another 40 bucks haha. That's like 120 now down the drain. 40 springs 40 clutch 40 boyesens ;(

Hopefully I can sell this ebc garbage

I've heard a few tails about there clutches a good friends fitted a new kit to his FZS1000 and had nothing but trouble with it so we ripped it out and refitted the old clutch with new oem plates and its still working fine 3 years later.

Yeah. I've come to the conclusion there is no suitable aft part for my year model so I've thrown the oem back in.

I'm going to shim the used springs and throw new oem plates in. I have new steels.

Screw ebc.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online