How do I find part no?

Stax
This post is 6642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I'm trying to remove a stuck bolt from my SR 125 (See my other thread..). However I figure once I remove it there's no way I'll be able to re-use it. So I've been trying to see if I can source a replacement. I've contacted a few breakers, etc. and done plenty of searching of parts websites. I've also run across a couple of sites just selling various bolts. So I'm wondering if I can just find an equivalent bolt from Pro-Bolts or someone and if I can just use that, instead of sourcing a brand new bolt or finally finding one from a breakers. How can I find out what sort of bolt I'm after? Is there a parts list I can look at online or anything? I've only got the Owners manual (Although I'm currently bidding on a Haynes manual on ebay) which is a bit light on technical specifics. I was basically wondering if I've got a fairly generic bolt and if I could just replace it fairly easily...

Thanks in advance...!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I'm trying to remove a stuck bolt from my SR 125 (See my other thread..). However I figure once I remove it there's no way I'll be able to re-use it. So I've been trying to see if I can source a replacement. I've contacted a few breakers, etc. and done plenty of searching of parts websites. I've also run across a couple of sites just selling various bolts. So I'm wondering if I can just find an equivalent bolt from Pro-Bolts or someone and if I can just use that, instead of sourcing a brand new bolt or finally finding one from a breakers. How can I find out what sort of bolt I'm after? Is there a parts list I can look at online or anything? I've only got the Owners manual (Although I'm currently bidding on a Haynes manual on ebay) which is a bit light on technical specifics. I was basically wondering if I've got a fairly generic bolt and if I could just replace it fairly easily...

Thanks in advance...!

try this link http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/parts/home.aspx

usa but you can see the parts you need.

Iv'e used standard generic and stainless bolts on my restoration. try B&Q

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online