MONO shock adjustment.

slice
This post is 3519 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, well I am wondering if anyone knows how to adjust a Hagon mono shock? It has the usual threaded nut jobbie on the top with a thread that goes down to about half way and that's it really but the one that the bike came with was quite complicated and this looks much simpler but I have no idea how to adjust the rebound on the thing. I suspect that you just have to wind the big nut on the top down till it meets the spring but how do I know when it's in the right place? Any advice or even a pointer towards someone who might know would be appreciated, Thanks boys and girls.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

S'all right got onto HAGON they told me how to do it. No prob.

Hi there , adjusting the spring tension adjusts pre-load only ( i.e. to suit riders / luggage of different weights ) . Some shocks also have adjustment for damping and rebound damping , and some also have adjustment for high and low speed damping . These adjustments are usually made by turning an adjuster screw ( intervals measured by "clicks" in or out ) , which can be at different locations on the shock body . Without knowing exactly which shock you have it's impossible to be more specific . Usually Hagon shocks come with an advice / instruction sheet , failing that you should give them a ring .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online