Ramblings and questions DT 175 (MX?)

scriberman
This post is 3652 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Me again. :crazy: Just started the175 rebuild, well I say rebuild , more like a quick clean up and get her running. This is not going to be a origonal restoration.

The plan is to use this in the classic enduro class of the SEEC rounds. C2 class, C1 is aircooled, twin shock , drum brake. C2 is any two of that three. Going to be a bit of a shock after my normal ride of a 12 300 xc KTM.

Swing arm, chain tensioner and connected stuff is out , swing arm sandblasted and awaiting etch primer.

Picked the bike up last week, it's done about 23,000miles and shows it. Although it was looked after to some degree. The few remaining cross head screws are not chewed out, the tabs on the rear sprocket have been folded nice and the rear wheel spindle hasn't been mushroomed with a lump hammer .

Been surprised (good and bad) with the spares prices. pistons are cheap, I'm used to paying over a £100 for the KTM one. Not so pleased with the price of a air filter.

Got some plastikote BBQ paint for the exhaust, head and barrel.

Now for a few questions

Wheres every one getting there spares from? In the UK

Going for some weight saving so would like to get rid of the battery, will it run OK without one?

Going to get rid of the auto lube , tank and pump. (thats a statement, not question) :razz:

40:1 Premix ratio sound good?

Any recommendations on gearing ?

It's a round section swing arm model, 78, 79 ?

Frame # 2k4-00****, engine 2a8-11*** should they match?

Anyone know the model number?

Best power mod?

Thanks for reading.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.