XVS 125 - Fuel tap leaking

Kikujiro
This post is 3505 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I recently bought this bike (XVS Dragstar 125) and everything was going pretty much OK... until I've noticed that the fuel tap is dripping gas.

In the very beginning it was just a drop or two, now if I leave the bike (with the engine off) and turn the tap to the PRI position, the leak is constant. Same (although a bit less) is if I set the tap to the ON position when the bike is actually on; the fuel is flooding the carb and possibly the engine as well, as I can see the bike struggling to turn on.

I got hold of the service manual, but it tells me to turn the tap to the off position before removing the tank or the tap itself... too bad that the bike does not have the OFF position.

Any idea on what the problem could it be?

I am desperate as I really need the bike to train before module 1 and 2 and at the moment I can't really ride it.

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Even though you didn't say hello first or at all. I would hate to se you burn you bike up.

You need a rebuild kit simpel enough job to change out the seals just undoo the screws holing the tap together.

PRI is straight fuel flow you shouldn't be using that! Only if you run out of gas to re fill the carb other than that on and res

on and res are vaccumme activated fuel should only flow when vac is on the diaphram on the back side of the tap.

Now go to new members section and introduce yourself.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online