YBR oil leak!

Trooper
This post is 3503 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey

My bike has had an oil leak for a while now and for some reason it's taken me till now to find where it's come from...

This picture shows the sump plug at the bottom, and you can see the oil running down from just above it. Is this an easy fix? I was hoping it would just be a gasket somewhere, apparently not. 2006 YBR125

oilleak_zpsec7dbbd5.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats a great close up but I cant tell what is what,but you can see a gasket blown. How about another picture or 2

That's just the stator cover is it not?.

I had An XT apart not long ago (same engine) and those cases are full of oil gallerys and ports, more than likely will just need a gasket change, iirc you can split the cases without having to take the top end apart if you are crafty about how you do it. But you shouldn't need to come that far.

I'd be more concerned as to why there is oil behind that case in the first place as I'm sure the stator was dry...