1969 YCS1 fork boot (gaiter) questions

90mjm
This post is 3654 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is driving me bonkers have searched for 2 days trying to find the right ones, which I might say is very hard almost impossible..WHY doesn't Yamaha or another company make these?? Does any one know if you can get them. Talked to a few places and search on here for websites. Would like to have factory fit, if possible. At the top below the tre the white bushing has a groove where the top connects I measured 48-49mm and the bottom on the fork itself there is another groove that measured 41mm. All the aftermarket ones seems to be close but once again have to zip tie or clamp. If someone could give me some insight would appreciate it. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Most after market gaiters are made to fit one of several bikes not your specific one, however your stancions are the same size as most bikes for instance Honda Suzuki and Yamaha are very similar in construction and so the makers of these after market item try to save costs by making them fit the whole range. All you need to do is buy the ones that fit your bike dimensions, as for the fit of the ties at the top and bottom the manufacturers do use zip ties and jubilee clips the same as supplied by most after market items. Plus if you want GENUINE Yamaha parts then good luck cos any you find that have been sitting on a shelf since 1969 are not going to be in the best of condition.

That for sure is true,unless it was in a climate control room. All rubber will harden and deteriorate. Thanks for clearing this up. I have found some that measure pretty close, but I'm a perfectionist and that's why I was asking. I will do some looking, and what I find I will post to let the world know.

Hope you find what your looking for.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online