James from Sussex !

Jadc
This post is 3570 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All,

Not quite yet a Yamaha owner but I am about 70% nearly :hyper:

Got a few questions to ask,

I am looking into the Yamaha MT-09'S was thinking of going down the route MiYamaha PCP but i am finding the monthly payments to be on expensive side for at this time, So I am thinking of getting a personal loan which works out cheaper monthly payments,

I have seen a 2013 MT-09 with 5k miles for about £5800 from a dealership, I was wondering what type of things would I get meaning Yamaha warranty still good for it ? and do you think I will get much trouble compared to buying a brand new for £7200? Obviously it seems cheaper the better for me at the moment, I am just worried I will get problems.

Reliability on Jap engines seems to be good (Don't forgot im coming from Austrian lol)

Basically is it really worth buying Brand new compared to the £5800 one? ha :eusa_doh:

Thanks all :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi James and welcome to the YOC, :wavey: no one can tell you how much you can afford and the advantage over a new bike rather than used is only really the warranty, such as it is, you still have to put tyres and fuel in it so if you pretty handy with a spanner and have the time to do your own repairs then get the used one and fix it yourself. That's my view anyway others will no doubt say the opposite

Pretty little bike James and has a few dealer goodies thrown in but still close to a new price in my opinion, but if your happy with what your getting then go for it, as to the value, it's worth what someone will pay for it and not a penny more regardless of how many bit's and bob's you bung on it, if it was me I would look for a second hand one that cost's less and pay the MOT and such myself, if you work it out over the few years you will have it then is there much in the way of a saving by buying stuff that makes you go back to the same dealer every year? Just my ten pence worth.

exactly what I was thinking regarding the price and then I spotted another one which is more less same but with 2-3k miles more and that one is £500 cheaper http://www.premierbikes.com/ktm-Locator.aspx

Model Description

2013 63 reg YAMAHA MT MT-09 (14MY), Naked, 5,917 miles. Metallic ORANGE, A STUNNING BIKE WITH VERY GOOD REVIEWS, 1 PRIVATE OWNER PLUSPRE REGISTERED BY SELLING DEALER, DATATAG, AKRAPOVICEXHAUST, R&G ENGINE BOBBINS AND CASE SAVERS, SPINDLEBOBBINS, TAIL TIDY, REMAINDER OF MANUFACTURES WARRANTY, ALLBOOKS AND KEYS PRESENT, UK DELIVERY FROM ONLY £109 PLUS VAT,PX VERY WELCOME, COMPETITIVE AND FLEXIBLE FINANCE AVAILABLESUBJECT TO STATUS, £5,795

im stuck in a pickle really as I have to think about insurance as well.

Sorry to be a pain but what do you think of the one above just mentioned? I think its over priced or is it ? at least it comes with 12months warranty too

Thanks again!

That's the sort of thing I was talking about mate, a few more miles on it but so what it's the bike your after a couple grand less than new and tho it has a few marks on it there can't be many that have all those extras on and they have to be worth at least £500 on there own. Your choice of course but if you go see it DON'T take the money with you just LOOK and walk away if your not sure. In fact walk away anyway and tell the dealer your willing to offer him £500 less than he's asking and wait to see what happens.

:welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online