Rear Mudguard (Draggy 125)

scoobylol
This post is 3660 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon!

New member here, I've done the polite thing and introduced myself over on the noob forum so I thought it was now reasonably acceptable to post and ask for some advice. I'm in the process of bobbing out the 125 and I've hit a bit of a snag. I've read on other topics the issues people have had mounting a rear mudguard to give it that close fitting look.

It seems the only real way to go about it is to remove the rear bracket etc... and mount the new mudguard to the swing arm. Not a problem I'm happy with that. The only thing I'm struggling with is sourcing a universal mudguard that I can cut down. I'd originally had a look at this:

http://www.feked.com/mudguard-6-rear-alloy-19-wheel.html

But according to that, Length across from front to rear = 31+1/2 inches, which in a nutshell seems huge as the overall diammeter I'd probably need is about 26.5" ish.

Internet searches have proved fairly fruitless other than several universal ones that are for wheels of approx. 18", so I thought I'd admit defeat and ask for some help! Any advice you can give would be massively appreciated. And in the mean time here's a couple of pics with how far I've got over the past few days using the original mudguard...

IMG_3293.jpgIMG_3310.jpg

So that's roughly where I am. Excuse the masking tape it's the safest way of trialing ideas without risking precious plastic or tyres! :headbang:

The main problem is that the bracket below is a completely different angle to the wheel and so I was never really going to be able to get that line as I wanted it. But in for a penny and all that!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Id just use the stock mudguard, i have an XVS 125 mudguard on my 650 just cut down a hell of alot.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online