Where to get cheap steel clutch a plates from - ct 175

s900t8v
This post is 3663 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Usually it's buy cheap get cheap, at least that's been my experience over the years, not saying they aren't out there it's just the usual "made in China" stuff is pretty f**king awful, I think it's a case of GOOGLE is your friend when you want something, then it's just a case of looking at ALL the sites that do what you want, comparing prices and buying what you need, you'll die of old age before you get to all of them. Someone might know different but I bet most folks say the same thing. Or maybe not!

Well I can't even find anyone other than dc plastics who sell yamaha steel plates.

They used the same plates through a lot of other bikes from same era. Rd etc. but no one seems to sell. Maybe I ought to buy oem steel and ebc friction. I certainly don't want to pay this money and have the clutch fail again. I have brand new ebc springs that are 15% stiffer.

I will go back through all my steel plates and see if I have anything decent.

So the parts manual lists 336-634-00-00 as the plates for yamaha cy2/3 and dt 175 from 74-75 which my bike fits in.

This is what I find. http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=331315117183

These plates don't have the cutout. Whereas mine do. My understanding is that these are the earlier style plates.

Am I right in understanding the cutouts help stop the plates from burning up? Will using the old style plates cook the friction plates.

I don't want to buy 70 buck ebc frictions and have them fail!

Clutch is slipping despite correct width plates and new springs.

Plates are warped.

Dc plastics USA sells plate kits for 24 bucks. Just confirmed with them they have the cutouts so ill order some of those.

Then will order ebc friction set.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online