Yamaha XT600E misfiring and stop .

xt 600 e
This post is 3549 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all , new to the forum , need some help on my 1998 XT600E . The bike has a certain problem . when you start it on cold it is fine and will run perfectly until you reach high revs / speed, when it starts to misfire and then eventually stops. when you stop for about 10-20 minutes it starts and runs for about 30 seconds then dies again . when you are at high revs and speed it starts to misfire and then eventually cuts out . Also it is fine just driving at low speeds until it gets really hot . I am thinking the problem could be something to do with spark . I have checked all to do with the fuel and that is all fine . can anyone please help me ??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi XT, well it seems you have missed a vital step in your post ie the INTRO in new members section. Most folks just ignore 1 post wonders till they at least say hello, imagine if you would rolling up to a complete stranger and asking them to help fix your bike, you wouldn't would you? Same here if you don't say Hi and give a bit of info then why should folks help out? Don't worry tho cos if you chuck one in now you golden and someone will be along to help out with your difficulty.

Oh and Welcome to the YOC we actually like new folks to join in and hope you get to stick around and take part. :jossun:

High rpm and heat misfires tend to point to a coil breaking down,could be the main coil or the pick up coil or CDI.

If you have a Multy meter and a heat gun try warming up the coils and see if they fall out of speck range for resistance of ohms.

Or a can of compressed air to quickly cool them down when it happens,problems like this need some serious investagation and we can only offer things to check that you may not know to check.

If you haven't yet,,,, a Hi hello in the new members setion is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome, had the same problem on a 2KF i sorted out for my mate, to prove a point is to get it running and go for a

short run at low speed , once warm crack the throttle to run at higher RPM until it starts to miss , then shut off the throttle

lowering the speed until the bike runs clear again. If it picks up and runs smooth again at lower revs then its fuel starvation

at higher RPM.

On the 2 kf we found a gauze inside the fuel entry elbow point on the carb , once removed it ran a dream, there may not

be any gauge on yours but there could be a fuel blockage in the carb leading to the other vacuum carb, this opens and

delivered fuel on the higher RPM band so maybe hence the reason the bike misses at higher RPM.

Hope it helps

TTB

Hi there tommy10bikes . I have checked everything to to with fuel starvation and carburettor and everything is perfect .

Well if your sure then that was the cheapest option , next could be pick up , coil or cdi unit.

All a guess if you dont have the correct testing equipment.

TTB

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online