Gel seats ?

g1hsg
This post is 3677 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Having spent 4 1/2 hours riding this afternoon with only a 5 minute petrol stop my buttocks are complaining vociferously. Do any of you lot use a gel seat and if so did it make an appreciable difference to your comfort. I had to practically unfold myself to get off the bike at Race Leathers in Darwen and as I was just about to hobble into the shop for a pair of braces (waistline has expanded past the point where the pop fastener on my HG trousers can remain shut) a guy in a parked AMG Merc decided that I was the anti-Christ due to being a biker. Apparently we ALL ride like lunatics but the grey haired ones are the worst ! I had to laugh as his chosen target had taken a day off from creating motoring mayhem and was just then fantasizing about a hot bath and feet up in front of the TV.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've put gel pads from DanMedicaSouth in a few bikes over the years and, once you get used to a certain 'squishy botty' feeling, they do make a helluva difference - took the comfortable range of my old XBR500 from 100 to 200 miles. Haven't thought about one for the Divvy yet, but having ridden it 450 miles down to Bedford the other week (and back a few days later) without any problems, I don't think I'll be needing one for this bike. Maybe it's just my arse has toughened up?

I don't think I'll be needing one for this bike. Maybe it's just my arse has toughened up?

Who have you been sharing a tent with ?