Fuel Pump Problem

cheersta
This post is 6663 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

On starting my '98 Fazer FZS 600 , the fuel pump ticks 3 or 4 times establishing fuel & pressure then starts OK.

Though intermittently of late on starting, the fuel pump ticks fast for say 20 seconds then stops and the bike will not start, I assume its not establishing pressure.

Help any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On starting my '98 Fazer FZS 600 , the fuel pump ticks 3 or 4 times establishing fuel & pressure then starts OK.

Though intermittently of late on starting, the fuel pump ticks fast for say 20 seconds then stops and the bike will not start, I assume its not establishing pressure.

Help any ideas?

does it then start ok i did read some where about this some one sugested checking the filter between pump and carb if this is blocked that can cause pressure to build slowly so pump continues to tick till up to pressure also if theres a filter before pump as it may draw fuel slowly