TZR 125

Josh Ridgway
This post is 3665 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, im new to this forum and have recently got myself a tzr 125 1992. I wanted to know what mods i can do to it, i have leaned it out on the needle by two notches and i am in the process of trying to get a powervalve servo setup on it. I have had 98mph on a gps speedo

Cheers josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First you should pop over to the new members section and say hello,at bit about youself ,yrs riding mechanical ablities ect.. It's the polite thing to do and people prefer it before you start with how to questions.

Now before you blow your bike up you better check that you haven't leaned it out to the point its going to blow up,2 notches is alot and I am betting that it's way to lean and it will be a short lived motor.

Welcome to the YOC Josh

Really, 98 actual with bad mixture and no pv.

If it will do that gps speed and the pv is unmodified buy a new gps.

If it really is doing 98mph (and without the pv motor it will be like riding a gp bike) then stop making it worse because someone has already done it all already and dropping the needle 2 clicks will kill it sure as dropping it from a car park. Improving on 98 mph will need proper tuning skill not forum rumours.

When I was messing about on these things in 89/90 (which were the fastest) an indicated ton was the aim anything more was a bonus. That needed carb, ig and exhaust mods. The bikes with the full European spec (ie ordered by a full licence holder, it happened) would struggle to reach 98mph except in perfect conditions.

Thought so..

Really I mean it if you have a TZR 125 doing a gps confirmed 98mph be happy. There aint many that do it, that must be indicating 105, 110 probably more. If it rides well (considering the pv) for god sake put that needle clip back where it was and enjoy it.

Unless you really know how to fine tune it further which will take more and more low/mid range away as you do it. Just keep it maintained, I have come out first due to brakes and handling far more often than power.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online