Weekly Routines.

Nathan0834
This post is 3663 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Here is a question that is again a bit noob, but something that you may like to indulge in a little. What do you do on a weekly / monthly basis in terms of maintenance / checks and cleaning?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check oil - tyres - lights brakes and clutch, wait till winter and take it all apart and rebuild it ! Oh yeah wash it even if it means driving through a puddle to get the worst of the crap off, cos it's your hands that get shitty if you don' clean it.

tyre condition, chain condition, lights and oil level should be a daily thing imho,

Basically check everything that your MOT tester would do, get it on the center stand and try lifting the rear wheel up and down, this would indicate worn swingarm bushes or shock linkages

• Like 1

Change socks and undies at least 1x a week,shower and shaving optional,go to church on sunday sit at the very back ,every time I go someone give's me a big plate of cash, it is so nice of them all to chip in.Though I did once get into a fight with a dragqueen in a dress rambeling off in latin,he wanted the plate.So I dont go to that church anymore :eusa_snooty:

Then off to the beer store,a carton of smokes and fill the tank on the bike,home to wash bike top to bottom and check everything while washing, a quick shot of lube to the cables,chain ,brake switches.Check tire pressures and for anything forien stuck in the tries all intakes and blow out the air filter,takes about a hour then off for a ride

• Like 3

Kick the tyres, sqaut down and look at bits like a typical bloke and let out a few "hmm's" sit on it and start it up and ride.

• Like 1

Kick the tyres, sqaut down and look at bits like a typical bloke and let out a few "hmm's" sit on it and start it up and ride.

:)) sound like my style.

• Like 1

Cleaning? I've heard of that before, is that where the free water comes out of the sky and knocks several layers of mud off the bike?

Maintenance -

First ride of the day - BOLT : Brakes, Overall condition, Lights & Tyres - do the brakes work? Any oil leaks or stuff missing/broken/dangling? Lights OK? Tyres round at the bottom? Good, ride on!

Weekly - quick once-over making sure that everything that should move, moves (and smoothly - lube as required) and everything that shouldn't, doesn't. Also check tyre pressures and tread depth, brake pad wear, oil levels and so forth.

It ain't rocket science, even Noise can make it look like he knows what he's doing. Now, about this cleaning thing, how's that work again?

• Like 2

It ain't rocket science, even Noise can make it look like he knows what he's doing. Now, about this cleaning thing, how's that work again?

Christ i think someone needs an eye exam if they are going to follow what i do for pre ride checks or any thing more involved than just breathing for that matter. :biglaugha:

Weekly- wash, wax, seal and detail, tyre conditioner, tread depth, pressure, chain condition and lube, Oil.

Daily - alarm, lights, keys, ignition, smile

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online