DT125E 1977 1G0, Not able to find manuals for this mc

norway1
This post is 3669 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, this is my first post in this forum.

I have bought an old yamaha DT125 Enduro/DT125E (Electric start), 1977 model.

I have searched around the internet for a time, but ar not able to find parts catalogue for this mc.

It has yamaha prefix cide 1G0 on both frame and engine.

Ihave payed for online download manuals on the net, but each time i am getting for either 1976 or 1978, wich have another prefix.

Do someone know where i can buy or download this manual?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi norway" its a rarish model, they run a 12volt system i think . they"re the oddball of the Twinshock erra , soarsing parts will be hard, try ebay USA. , as for a manual :shrug:

Tanks, but i have tried that. Even tried Haynes and other wellknown manual issuers :)

Strange. When i visit sites made by yamaha entusiasts, the have lists of every yamaha models, names, service manuals , partslist etc. Exept the dt125e 1977 model with 1go engine.

Strange. When i visit sites made by yamaha entusiasts, the have lists of every yamaha models, names, service manuals , partslist etc. Exept the dt125e 1977 model with 1go engine.

Yeh " its an odball bike, theyre are a few owners appear on here mostly Usa members, there is a DT175E too , search for it ,as will be same spec, bar the cylnder& head.

Little confusing, there is a Dt125, 1G0 but it sort of blended into the MX so both kind of exist. Records back then were sketchy and model dates got a bit blurred.

The Haynes manual ISBN 1 85010 300 3 (not sure if its still in print) actually gives specs for 1G0 as a twinshock and as a monoshock if you read the specs carefully. For the UK at least.

The difference seems to be noted as Dt125 (1G0) is the Twinshock and the Dt125E (1G0) is the MX. That is not constant but common. Your engine/chassis number being 1G0-000101 onwards.. The 125E will start 2A8 that would be the Monoshock.

Thanks to Airhead and Cynic!

I have now got myself a Partslist manual for the 1G0 today, for a 1979 model. What i can see is that this manual shows a 6v generator, but mine has a 12v generator, and i can also see that the stickers on the tank is different. On my DT the text on the cover below seat says " DT125ELECTRIC" , but for later models ,and in the parts catalogue it has the text "DT125E"

The Chassisnumber for mine is 1G01013XX.

You are completely right Airhead, i didnt look at the battery, but the generator, and searched for the generator, and probably missed something.

What i can see in the "foreword" int he beginning of the manual, is that it is concerning bikes with 1G0-120101 and following frame/engine number.

The number of my frame/enginge starts with 1G0-101.

Maybe the parts are interchangeable ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online