Handlebar advice needed

Banksy
This post is 3532 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey,this is my 1st post so be gentle. Just bought myself a 2000 xvs650 dragstar as a project bike. I can't find a definate answer on the bar diameter. Is it 22 or 23 mm or 7/8 1" every shop seems to advertise in a different size.

Also anybody know how much extra play there is with the wiring and cables. Seems to be a few spare inches of cable and was hoping to go up to a 12" ape hanger. I'm pretty handy at soldering wires so extending them isn't a problem but I'm not finding replacement cables easily.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yer as Tout said the stock bars are 1" diameter.

As for the cables, if you take the fuel tank off you can re route them around the back bone to release more cable so you maybe able to fit the apes.

Hi mate, the stock handlebars on the draggie are 1 inch diameter.

No, they're 25.4mm... Unless you're me and somehow get a Drag with 22m bars!!

No, they're 25.4mm... Unless you're me and somehow get a Drag with 22m bars!!

25.4mm? What's that in furlongs? Angstroms? Light seconds?

25,4mm = 1/12th of a foot

I better just see if I can measure them then. Hopefully I'll be able to work out a circumference and take it from there. In the meantime though I've actually rolled the stock bars forward and whilst seated my hands are up at shoulder height. I'll ride like this for a bit to see how this affects handling.

They are 1" diameter. I promise you.

25.4mm? What's that in furlongs? Angstroms? Light seconds?

You're seriously asking *ME* this question??!!

Okay - 0.000126263 fur, 254000000 Å.... aaaaaaand about 0.0000000847252801803306 Light Seconds.

You're seriously asking *ME* this question??!!

Okay - 0.000126263 fur, 254000000 Å.... aaaaaaand about 0.0000000847252801803306 Light Seconds.

Yes I like winding OCD sufferers up! Altough, you appear to be 3 orders of magnitude out on the last one. (and yes since I checked that make me one as well!)

No no, I have a number of scientific/engineering convertor/calculator apps here at work and that's what they all said it was.

If you reckon it's wrong, don't blame me - Blame science... especially if there are any Americans involves, as they tend to have 3 levels of magnitude out on everything involving 'billions' and above.

Hmmm, 1 light second = 299,792,458 metres, or 299,792,458,000 mm. Divide 25.4mm (1inch) by that and you get:

0.00000000008472528...etc. The 8 is on the 11th decimal place. I used windows calculator, and wiki's entry on the length of the Ls.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online