2004 FZ6 Battery Replacement

FZ6er
This post is 6577 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I have a dead battery but am unable to find a simple way of getting a charger on it. The few things that I have found on it want me to remove the gas tank. Is that true? Seems extreme? Anyone found a better way?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 1 month later...

Hi. You don't have to remove the tank, just pull it about 20 cm after you removed the seat and loosen the tank nuts - 2 pcs front.

Z - somewhere in Estonia.

hi there

i have had this problem in the past. what you need is a two pin conector some wire and two terminals bolt the terminals on to the batery run the cabel to were you can get at them and when the need arises just plug the charger in. i have the same plug on all the bikes and the male end on the charger. this means if i take a bike that has not been out for a wile i just plug it in the nith befor and the next day just un plug it and ride of not having to put the bike together this has been hande when it wount start in the morning and i dount have time to pull it to bits.

i hope that is of help to you you can by every thing you need from a good auto factors.

jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online