XT500 rear lights not working

mcferreira100
This post is 3548 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been meaning to sort out the rear light and no indicators working. Neutral light and headlight working fine so I`m wondering about flasher unit for indicators and the loom to tailight looks dodgy (hanging under rear mudguard perilously close to the tyre. Any ideas how to go about sorting it out..electrics not my cup of tea.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Been meaning to sort out the rear light and no indicators working. Neutral light and headlight working fine so I`m wondering about flasher unit for indicators and the loom to tailight looks dodgy (hanging under rear mudguard perilously close to the tyre. Any ideas how to go about sorting it out..electrics not my cup of tea.

Sounds like a bad earth or a faulty switchgear.

TTB

• 2 weeks later...

Ok finally got round to some investigation here..found one connection off by the tailight which got them working.

2014-09-05162402_zpse490beb5.jpg

But with indicators I fitted another flasher which has got them sorta working..although bulbs very dim and they not flashing..just staying on. So I gather bad earth somewhere?

2014-09-05162346_zps6f132f3e.jpg