scooter pannels and road saftey test?

shambles1980
This post is 3680 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so My neos' 100 is actually comming a long a lot better than the rxs ever did.
running sweet as a nut now. got new wheels/tyres coming.

Really need to source an instument panel though.. cant seem to find one.

but I have emailed abbey motorcylces. "although from memory im going to need to phone them to get a reply. and by the end of the convo everything i asked for will be in a box posted and 1/2 way to my house lol. so i will need to pay them, this means its best to wait till I have the money in the bank for that."

any way previous owner seems to have taken a bit of a spill. the lower belly pannel i can fix prety easy id imagine. but the foot well part is beyond my repair skills. (i could make it look nice, but the bit where the pillions right foot would go is completly missing)

now is this a mot failure or what?
could i just mesh it then fibreglass over the hole. spray it black and call it a day.

could i just leav it as hole?

or do i need to replace it for it to pass the mot..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I do know that if you take your car for an MOT and the spare is bald that's a fail but take it off and it will pass, so I suppose if you take the foot rests off of a bike it can't fail if they are not there, so if you patch over the footrest on your scooter and the tester sees it then that could fail it but if you chop it off and it's not there then it should pass but you might have to chop both sides off so that it's obvious that you can't take a pillion. My best guess anyway and as my wife will tell anyone willing to listen I have been known to make the odd mistake! :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online