Yamaha YBR 125 2009 Fuel pump/starting problems

joeyjoejoe
This post is 3610 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

My bike is being annoying

Normally it starts fine but the other day it randomly developed problems. Sometimes I turn the ignition and I can't hear the fuel pump priming and no orange light comes on although other days it starts fine.

I've just replaced the fuel pump to try and fix it although it hasn't made any difference. I rode it home and then tried to start it once I got back and it was the same problem.

I've read of some people saying its the temperature but it really hasn't been that hot or cold recently.

I was wandering if it could be the tilt sensor stuck or something?

Or temp sensor?

idk any help or experiences would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Joe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No experience of your particular bike but usually when something electrical plays up it's simply a bad earth or broken wire, my bike had developed a weird glitch the other day, all well and then engine shuts off and 2 seconds later all's well again, found a frayed wire under the engine that runs to the oil light and without it it thinks your out of oil and the engine stops ! Fixed the wire and no problems at all now. So dive into the wiring and see if you can see a loose or broken wire, use a multi-meter to check that the wiring is not broken in the middle and clean the earth wires off as they get cruddy after a time. My best guess anyway. :jossun:

PS not sure if it matters but a bad battery will give you odd behaviour sometimes so make sure it's charging ok, again multi-meter across the + & - terminals to check what you charging rate is.

This problem has come up before unfortunatly they never came back with a soloution,other than parking in the shade or covering the tank with a towel.

As slice said check all connection esp the fuel pump relay, if the relay has anythiing to do with the activation of the light sorry don't have a wireing s diagram to help you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online