2006/7 DT125X YPVS problem

Hueligan
This post is 3420 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

I recently bought my son a 2006/7 DT125X. It had been advertised as being in original condition but, upon delivery, I noticed a bright blue wire leading from behind the headlight assembly to the chassis. I had previously read about a DIY bypass for the YPVS which entailed cutting a wire leading into the ignition block and earthing it onto the chassis and sure enough this is what has been done to it. I reinstated the wire as it should be as I think Mr Yamaha probably knows more about building bikes than I do but the YPVS did not work. Investigation showed that not only had the bypass been fitted but some bright spark had also cut the 5 wires leading from the YPVS servo assembly. I reconnected them and plugged them into the appropriate connector block. When I turn the main power on I can now feel a small click in the servo unit but it does not turn the pulley and perform a full cycle of the valve as I believe it should. It also does nothing when the bike is actually running. I have noticed a further 2 connector blocks which I assume should have something plugged into them? The bike is fitted with a CDi unit which is located under the petrol tank. Does this run the YPVS or should there be a separate YPVS controller (perhaps plugged into those 2 spare connectors)?

I do have a PDF version of the service manual for the bike but it doesn't say a lot about the YPVS other than how to adjust it. The wiring diagram is a bit too complicated for me to understand without some guidance.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Regards

Hue

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye hue " the power valve may be needing cleaned , or is worn , that be why some ass cut wires , :shrug:

• 5 months later...

Hi there sorry to resurrect a dead thread but did you solve the issue at all? I'm having a similar issue and like you say the haynes manual has little info on the workings of the YVPS system which is immensely irritating,

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online