Help please

cidervisor
This post is 6777 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, everyone. I was hoping someone could help me solve a mysterious problem that has had mechanics all round the country scratching their heads!

I have had a problem with my clutch! :angry:

I have a 2002 yzf r1 with only 10,000 on the clock and i have a difficulties changing gear when she's cold. She wont let me put it in to first gear without stalling. Not any problems when going up the gears. I have had the plates out and had them looked at by 3 Yamaha approved mechanics(no names mentioned eh :offtopic: ) but they can't see anything physically wrong with it! .

Please help :D Please!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just taking a stab @ it here........but could it have to do with the oil you're running in it? :unsure:

Also, sometimes if you shuffle those clutch plates, it can also make a difference. ;)

Hope this helps

BTW.... :welcome: to the forum CiderVisor :)

Just taking a stab @ it here........but could it have to do with the oil you're running in it? :unsure:

Also, sometimes if you shuffle those clutch plates, it can also make a difference. ;)

Hope this helps

BTW.... :welcome: to the forum CiderVisor :)

Thanks for the welcome, good to be here :D

ref; to the oil i had a top grade oil in it at the time (before it started playing up) and had it changed by one of the yamaha's dealers to no affeck. :(

Changing the plates around is something i have not tryed, I though they all went in a order that could not be changed <_< (Other than cork, plate, cork, plate..........ect)

Thanks for the advise i might just have a go tomorrow at changing the plates around :rolleyes:

That is if no one else knows any differant to help me.

Bike season is here and i've got alot of riding to catch up on!!! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online