New member, new biker

sassman
This post is 3685 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone

I'm a 38 year old new biker. I was on a scooter for 2 years but always wanted a 'proper bike'. I am now the owner of a YBR 125 Custom. I've only had it for 6 weeks and I bought it brand new. I am absolutely hooked. It's great on a nice day to just go out for a ride. I never did that on my scooter. I really like Yamaha and would love to own a V-max. I don't think my back could handle the sportier bikes so it's cruisers all the way.

Unfortunately, every new bikers nightmare happened to me yesterday. I came off the bike for the first time since I started riding. I've been dreading it, knowing that it would one day happen to me. I think I pressed too hard on the front brake in the wet. I heard a skid noise and then I went under. I'm ok save a few bruises and some mild aching. My poor new bike has taken the biggest bashing though. Goona cost best part of £1000 to fix. Still I'm glad it's over and I'll get my bike back in a week.

This has not in any way detered me from my mission to do my full test next summer. I'm eager to get back in the saddle and rebuild my dented confidence.

I will be more of an advice asker than giver at first but I am slowly learning. Hopefully that will change in the future.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Sass " thats a bummer, when wet i tend to use back brake more, and roll off throttle earlier , leave a bigger gap to the vehicle in front, :yeah: .

and i like high bars on bikes too. [ cruisers /trail/ adventure.] no sportbikes for me,, :welcome:

Welcome to the YOC! Glad to hear you're okay and ready to get back on and ride. I've not come off at speed (yet)... Luckily only been (silly) drops. :shakeno:

Hi and welcome! I'm same age and relatively new to biking. Had a couple of get offs on a scooter before getting my SR last year. Haven't slid down the road yet but came close once in the wet with a front wheel skid thanks to someone pulling out on me!

:welcome:

Greeting sass glad your ok.

With you all the way with cruisers, just love them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online