DT175 -- carb issue?

Chunche
This post is 3698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

Some of you helped me figure out the few months ago, and the switch over went beautifully. I've now got the bike to start and even go around the block a few times, but I just can't get it tuned right.

This bike sat for a long time, and when I got it, I got it started and running but the carb had serious issues. I pulled it apart and cleaned it multiple times but no matter what the slide would stick open. It got so frustrating that I went on ebay and purchased this cheap little carb for $27. I'm wondering if this cheap carb is the source of my problems.

It will start after a few kicks with the choke on, and idles. After it warms up a bit, I can close the choke and it still idles. Give it gas and the revs build, then come back down accordingly. However, when actually riding it bogs down and is absolutely gutless , until it hits 4,500 RPM (in every gear). I've reset the air screw and floats according to the manual, and tried adjusting and makes no difference. I popped the left side cover off, and sprayed some WD-40 to check for leaky crank seals, but didn't seem to make a difference. I found an actual Mikuni carb on ebay for $70 that I can buy, but any thoughts on what else I should try before I drop the money on that?

Also, I don't know as it makes a difference but there is no auto-oil pump on this bike (someone before me removed it). I've got pre-mix in their, but I don't remember off the top of my head what ratio I put in.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That carb wont help. Check the old carb. A bad genuine carb will be better than those hideous chineese copies. 27mm ffs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online